Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

The day I went fishing... ALONE. By Quaid



My family never went fishing. Basically we did nothing besides walking up to the road to get some hot chips for lunch. My Dad was an electrician, my mum is a stay at home Mum and my brothers and sisters are a nuisance. Once for my birthday I asked my mum
“ Mum,  I want to go on a fishing trip with Papa”, but she wasn't convinced.
“ No! you're too young. What if your Papa says Boo and you'll go flying into the sea just like a dolphin.” She went on and on and said even more than she said the last time I asked. But I was done with it. I said happily but I was still angry “ No. I am going to fish and you can`t stop me.”

I stormed out the door with my fishing gear and I had a angry face on. I went down to the lake and made sure that I was out of site. I could still hear mum in the back of my head saying “STOP”! I put my rusty fishing rod in the water. It was silent. I fell into the lake and I was scared. I was like superman and I jumped out. I ran home and I cried in my room until we had dinner.

The next day I tried again. This time I made sure I had a life jacket on. I never knew about life jackets until the minstrel came and talked all about fishing for the future and how to measure fish (from the head to the middle of the fin). So when I was down at the lake I jumped in and I started to bob up and down, faster and faster. Until it got a little out of hand. I realized the life jacket was going to pop. BANG! It exploded. I was flying. But it was all a prank from Mr and Mrs Minstrel. I forgot that they told me to never go fishing alone.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.